AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cab kit, and dynamat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

reedfarmer
Posted 6/30/2020 13:46 (#8345517 - in reply to #8345155)
Subject: RE: Cab kit, and dynamat

Eastern Arkansas
I get the heavy knockoff Dynamat from Amazon. it is a foil backed tar. The two brands I have used were Noico and Killmatt. They have different weights so be sure and get the heaviest. It absolutely helps with the sound it weights the metal panel and keeps it from vibrating which is where a lot of the noise comes from in these old machines. Put it on every metal surface and glue the foam on top of it. Its not quite as good for heat but does help some. I stuff thick pieces of foam in the dash and roof anywhere there is a gap which also helps. If you want more, there are firewall shield products made that are like a fiberglass type mat with foil on one side you can mount externally. I have though about putting on the firewall and under the cab of a Steiger. Another option for sound would be figure out something with "Mass Loaded Vinyl" I looked into it for noise suppression but haven't tried any.

Its probably more mental than anything but when I redid my old Steiger's interior and changed the color of the perforated vinyl from the factory black to the newer color case light grey, it seemed like it was 5 degrees cooler in the cab and about 20% bigger.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)