AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Avoid Kansas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 6/30/2020 15:31 (#8345675 - in reply to #8345349)
Subject: RE: Avoid Kansas

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
roadranger82 - 6/30/2020 10:12

If you think masks are safe, just stand in line at Walmart or a grocery store and watch the checkout process.

Several people go through ahead of you. they may or may not have masks. the ones with masks periodically adjust their mask while putting their stuff on the belt for checkout. Now whatever was on their mask is on their hands and now on the stuff their handling. The clerk grabs that stuff and scans it, and everyonce in awhile adjust their mask, then goes back to scanning. Now whatever was on THEIR mask is on their hands and customers stuff too. No sanitizing hands in between customers. Now after checking out several customers and handling stuff others have handled, she adjusts her mask and is ready to check you out.

So after watching that, if you still feel safer wearing a mask, by all means do so......

Me, not so much..........

Funny you bring up Walmart and mask wearing...

My wife was waiting to check out at wm and watched the checker touch her mask 6 times within two minutes, all while handling everyone’s items in the mean time. That’s 1,400+ touches per shift at that rate, touching a warm damp cloth that the experts tell us catches some of the virus. Absolutely disgusting.

The fact that Walmart checkers are still alive after months of this tells me the virus risk is WAY overblown.

Edited by Big Ben 6/30/2020 15:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)