AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 440 rate controller has me baffled
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/30/2020 12:47 (#8345425 - in reply to #8345079)
Subject: RE: Raven 440 rate controller has me baffled

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
midwestspray - 6/30/2020 10:18

Set test speed to 10mph, press area/hr button, turn on pump and one boom switch at a time, I expect you'll find there is one boom section that will show zero acres when it is on. If so, the rate controller is not receiving a signal from that related switch. Easy test to try.

I use the above test but with a slightly different twist. I put in a test speed of 10 MPH also. I set boom 1 to 100, boom 2 to 200, boom 3 to 300 and continue if there are more sections.

Then watch the test speed, it should show the 10 MPH that you entered for the test speed. With the Master ON and all section switches OFF watch the area/hour. This shows how much land you would cover at 10 MPH with the current width. This should show zero, Then flip on Boom 1 only, the area/hr should show 10.1. Flip it off and turn on Boom 2 only, the area/hr should now show 20.2. Turn on Boom 3 only, the area/hr should show 30.3. Continue the process if you have more booms such as with a 450.

This gives a bit more information which can be helpful in some sprayers where the section wiring might have gotten reversed.

Inside a 440 or 450, power comes from the Master switch and leads to each section switch, the output from each section switch goes two way. 1) it leads to the circuit board to inform the program that the section is ON and 2) leads to the valve wiring to actually turn it ON. This is repeated for each section switch. This is how the system "knows" which sections are ON so that it can do its calculations correctly.

With other Raven controllers such as a 460, there are no section switches so the switches are are external to turn on the valves but they back feed to the controller since it needs to "know" which sections are ON.

Edited by tedbear 6/30/2020 12:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)