AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why did AgLeader remove the clean out button for moisture sensor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/30/2020 12:31 (#8345387 - in reply to #8344822)
Subject: RE: Why did AgLeader remove the clean out button for moisture sensor

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I ran mine with an Insight and a newer moisture assembly. As others have stated it will default to clean out on the display screen at shutdown. Last year I ran it with an InCommand 1200 and that behaves the same way. The InCommand 1200 worked with the same sensors as the Insight but I did need an adapter so the InCommand could use the older wiring for the Insight.

Something I've done from the get go with the Ag Leader monitors even back to the YM2000 is to splice in an indicator light (LED) into the motor power lead. That way I can watch the action of the motor if I'm suspicious that something is wrong. In soybeans the motor should run for a bit and then stop to let the chamber refill to the top. With corn this same process occurs but it is so much faster that the motor may appear to run continuously while harvesting. If the combine runs empty for a while then the motor should shut off. I've really never had much of a problem with it but observing the expected action on the LED is comforting.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)