AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'll take the bashing by predicting we are on our way to a 180+ yield
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 6/29/2020 07:48 (#8342934 - in reply to #8342439)
Subject: RE: I'll take the bashing by predicting we are on our way to a 180+ yield

North Central Illinois
You might be right. The crop is a long way from being in the bin yet but there is potential for sure. There are some dry pockets in the cornbelt and I understand that things are very dry out in Nebraska and other areas out west. As with every year there are haves and have nots in regards to rain. Even locally some of our ground has had a lot of rain and some of it is getting just enough to still be okay. I haven't seen any widespread issues that are going to seriously hinder the national yield yet. It's July later this week and it is going to get hot. Happens every year.

I would add that you assessment of the lack of carping on NAT about how bad the crop is leads me to believe things are pretty damn good as a whole. Usually at this time of year we have thread after thread about how horrible the crop is and yet it turns out much better than the NAT crowd predicts. Maybe this year will be the opposite? I doubt it but anything is possible!

Edited by Illinois Steve 6/29/2020 07:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)