AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cover or forage ideas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Golden83
Posted 6/28/2020 16:40 (#8341717 - in reply to #8341539)
Subject: RE: Cover or forage ideas?

NE Kent County, MI
DobsonAG - 6/28/2020 15:24

I have a few acres in some waterways and one headland that the replant didn't come up again. Unlike so many that need moisture I've yet to miss a rain. And although most of the crop looks better than ever. The flats and low areas have parts that didn't make it. This is all on transition acres so I want to work them this week with the forecast we have it looks as if we will have some time to get in the field. But wanted some ideas of some mixes I could plant where I can't get into to mow. And what would be a good forage crop now that I can get dried. I no longer have cattle or I'd lit it to sorghum Sudan or similar. I have a 50# bag of radishes in hand and want to order seed tomorrow. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.

I would Spike in some oats and medium red clover, 25 and 8 lbs. respectively over the headlands. If concerned about the radish bolting would hold off on them where you won’t be able to mow. Waterways would use arg about 4-6 lbs on top of the others.
Buckwheat would be great on headlands too. Pretty flowers probably late august early September and free up phosphorus in the soil. So many choices.. lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)