AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not so Concerned about 2020.....but 2021.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Trapshooter1
Posted 6/24/2020 08:31 (#8333176)
Subject: Not so Concerned about 2020.....but 2021.......

Grandpa calls it God's country, NEIA
I'm not really concerned about 2020s crop being marketed(because Crop insurance prices are set at respectable rates) Also it's an election year and MFP 3.0 is coming) I'm 0% sold for 2020 Currently. But what is a little unnerving to me is 2021.....say things stay where their at right now. "Here" that's 3.15 with a -9 basis up front month, and Local Bean bid is 8.25 give or take a penny. Say prices stay where their at right now or lower headed into spring 2021(poor insurance price). What will the acres numbers look like???And what are you going to do differently to make it work???? IMHO the bean numbers are going to be HUGE...(due to less cash intensive crop)The corn acreage will see durastic cuts(even in corn country)Another thing RENTS. Things stay like they are, theirs going to be a lot of these farms changing hands. Definitely some opportunities in the future.(Could be ugly opportunities, but opportunities none the less)(Dont forget their will be no incentive for the Fed to keep giving handouts after the election year is over)

In this scenario(poor insurance price)(no more fed money) What are you going to do differently????

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)