AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

You must realize one thing.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

redoak
Posted 6/24/2020 06:11 (#8332884 - in reply to #8331881)
Subject: RE: You must realize one thing.

sw ontario
barren - 6/23/2020 17:56

Our politicians are just a reflection of our society in general. For instance look at grain farmers. There are many who are millionaires many times over. When prices were high several years ago many were making more money in one year than many hourly workers made in 5 years or more. Much of it was due to the government ethanol mandate. Now the tariff, virus etc and the whining and hand wringing over how are we poor grain farmers going to make it.

It's all about me, just like the politicians. Get all you can and the he!! with the rest of the country. We farmers are entitled to be millionaires as we are special and feed the world.

Politicians and farmers. More alike than not?

Ron you are 100% correct , A lot to reflect on in your post......IDK were our 'earned' income vs. gov't payments will be for this tr., but yesterday I read that US grain belt that around 36% of the income will be gov't payments......What I see in Ontario is our GFO (grains/oil seeds organization) hitting gov't hard for more money & at the same time guys are running over each other to buy or rent more land at higher prices. How we can ever get out of this mess IDK.....hope weather/life is good in Ky. , we got nice rain yesterday
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)