AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

You must realize one thing.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tileman2
Posted 6/23/2020 12:26 (#8331530 - in reply to #8331210)
Subject: The United States

NW IN
is no longer what it was established to be. Ben Franklin..."A republic, if you can keep it."

See...when the masses figured out that they can elect "nice, honest politicians" because the "nice, honest politicians" keep them where the "nice, honest politicians" want them to be, but yet the "nice, honest politicians" give them "freebies" from someone else's labors, the republic ceases to exist.

Government bloat...why get a real job producing something when I can work for .gov...big salary, lavish benefits, huge pensions, no fear of being fired, all paid for by tax paying citizens who work. Then people figured out that the system can be gamed so why work? Dot-gov to the rescue!!!

The problem we have now is that the 1% have that game figured out as well. I get a $1200 check that I might as well wipe my backside with and some well connected douche on Wall Street skims a couple mil off the top...because...you know...he's "connected".

We have a government that only continues to spiral ever larger in size, with a down trodden class that can't get ahead in part because of the "nice, honest politicians" mentioned above with their boots on the necks of those down trodden, and a 1% oligarch class that puts up the best politicians that money can buy every two years. Everyone else gets caught in the vise in between with you-know-what getting squeezed a little tighter every day. I've sent several very polite emails to my...ahem..."representative"...asking for a contact at the state level ag liaison to no avail. Canned, generic replies every time. Call the office...get the run around. Leave a voice mail??? No return call. That, my AT friends, is a "representative" of the people in 2020. Thanks for playing, but you, you little person...you can't fund my re-election campaign so I have no time for you. Thanks, "representative" Baird...thanks for nothing.

I don't have an answer for any of this. It's ugly. It's disgusting. I hate it with every ounce of my being. But it appears that we've reached a tipping point and I'm not sure which way the kettle is going to roll.

Edited by Tileman2 6/23/2020 15:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)