AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pressure tank in well
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 6/22/2020 17:48 (#8329883 - in reply to #8329786)
Subject: RE: Pressure tank in well

SE Manitoba
OpenRange - 6/22/2020 16:51

I've got a newer well on a farm that I'm getting tired of turning the water on/off by using the breaker. I'd always planned on putting in pit with a pressure tank in it. But I talked to a guy a while back that said they make a pressure tank that goes in the well casing. Is that a thing? It sounds like a good idea, there is no house on the farm, and I dont want to build a well house above ground. Thats why I was thinking well pit, but this sounds interesting. Does anyone have one? I need to do something by this fall so I can have water for cows when I bring them home.

AIUI the no longer recommend using a pit above a well.
Reasoning is that it is far too easy to contaminate a well when you have a pit.
Makes sense to me but it does make things difficult when you have no heated facilities that can be used for placing both the pressure tank and the controls.

Couple of previous responders outline some in well tanks but they all look quite small.
Did see where any of the proposed solutions had a place for the controls - - - - I'm thinking that that could easily be an issue.
Dunno how to fix that problem either.

Maybe if all you're doing is turning the water on and off using a breaker what about using a control switch after the breaker that you could put a timer on.
Something like a timer on a water softener system - - - would be easy enough to do that using electronics.
Water pump turned on once every 12 hours for a time period of 75 seconds and then shut off - - - - or whatever frequency and/or duration you want.
Then you don't have anything that you need to heat nor bury. YMMV
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)