AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disc Mowers - What to Look For
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

gfd_703
Posted 6/23/2020 08:55 (#8331182 - in reply to #8330654)
Subject: RE: Disc Mowers - What to Look For

When I first went looking for a disc mower everyone talked about the difference in bars. The New Idea dealer convinced me that it was not if but when a disc mower fails you need one that is easier to work on. He must have convinced a bunch of people because the area was full of them. We ran 3 of them and sure enough they started to break, mostly from us hitting things. I got real good at fixing them and they were not to bad to work on. We wound up buying almost all the ones others broke just to get the parts to keep ours going. Years later I tried Vicon ( Now Kubota) and could not keep them running and parts were always days if not weeks away. Just built to light for me. I now run John Deere (Kuhn) and Krone both with solid bars with gears. I will agree with everyone that they are more susceptible to multi gear failure but in my experience they take a lot more abuse before failure than the segmented bar mowers. I rank Krone and Krone equal on ruggedness and dependability. I rank Kuhn number one in up time because almost every Case dealer sells Kuhn and every John Deere dealer sells green Kuhns. This make parts available on every corner.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)