AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DIL back on sugar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

davpal
Posted 6/21/2020 11:00 (#8327251 - in reply to #8326767)
Subject: RE: DIL back on sugar

Mid Michigan
I think most americans are confusing a bad diet with a lack of physical activity. I'm pretty sure a lumberjack in the 1850's could have drank 12 soda pops a day plus a package of cookies and the only negative effects from it would have been rotten teeth. Most people don't have physical jobs and when they recreate they drive in cars from destination to destination stopping at every restaraunt along the route. I have a friend that went into management and I was talking to him about our daily steps. He commented on how he no longer takes the same amount of steps in a day compared to a lot of the jobs he'd been on. He went from well around 10-15,000 to less than 2000. Jobs like that slow your metabilism down to a crawl and coupled up with a higher income it gives people more time to recreate which usually involves driving to restaraunts or sitting out on a pontoon every weekend drinking beer. We simply don't work as hard as past generations and coupled with terrible unhealthy (quickly available) food it's a perfect obesity storm. People sit down now and eat an entire bag of chips themselves. If I had done that when I was a kid I would have got beat down. We had one bag of chips for 5 people for two weeks! Nobody ate the bag of chips themselves. Same thing with soda pop.

Edited by davpal 6/21/2020 11:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)