AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DIL back on sugar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/21/2020 07:43 (#8326856 - in reply to #8326821)
Subject: RE: DIL back on sugar

Pittsburg, Kansas

Clodbuster1 - 6/21/2020 06:22  It's a slippery slope for many folks who deal with carb addiction.

I'm pretty certain it would be for me. I know all too well in the past when I made eating "exceptions" in relation to my diet for my diabetes health it was all to easy for an "exception" to morph into a "regular exception" and eventually into a habit. A bad habit.

We have a bunch of diet green teal and some diet Dr Pepper in our small fridge that has been there almost a year now. Decided just the other day to throw it out. I don't even want the sweet taste to tempt me to start drinking again for fear the sweet taste would be making me want sugar again. I have came too far and improved too much to revert back to the way things were.

I'm afraid I just have to consider myself a recovering carbaholic. Sugar is addictive. In the video she noted that the sugar added things tasted horribly sweet. Like a drug as the drug is used often the body becomes tolerant of it and for the same dopamine high it requires higher doses over time to get the same high. She had reversed her addiction so now it again only takes a small amount to get the same sugary taste and dopamine hit.

People with high insulin level problems have basically become carbohydrate intolerant. Carbohydrates are long chains that get broken down to glucose in the body. Table sugar is both glucose and fructose. Fructose is broken down in the liver the same as alcohol and consumed in excess amounts can cause the same fatty liver as alcohol. The fructose is probably the most dangerous component of sugar because of the damage excess consumption can do to the liver.

In moderation the body is designed to handle carbohydrates. It is in excess (or excessively often) where the problems develop. Some like myself because of years of excess are now intolerant of carbohydrates so have to severely limit them to prevent problems with insulin and blood glucose. For people that are not yet intolerant of carbohydrates, they would be wise to not get that way by not consuming them in excess (or excessively often) to begin with. Thereby avoiding what I have to do to manage it.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)