AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jgb2152
Posted 6/20/2020 20:57 (#8326280 - in reply to #8325692)
Subject: RE: Feet

clark county Iowa
I sell a few bull's an good feet an legs are the very first thing look at, an i watch them from babies tell we work an cut them after weaning. Ill bet you.a steak dinner there are 1000 + bulls.sold within 50 miles of my house. An ive flat out quite goimg to any sales, due to 40% or even more should of been cut due to the fact there crippled, or just flat out bad cattle. They would of at my house. An it makes me sick watching them junk bulls bring 2500-4,000, an i struggle to get 2-2500 out of mine. An a few people say yours arnt fat enough, well feeding them hard is part of what ruins there feet, mine are i working shape, an what you turn out is what they will look like come fall unless a guy really over works them. After the last two years of struggling to sale bulls were going to just a couple each year instead of 5-6 like we have been. I also struggle with the name brand deal.

I worked at a sale barn part time for a a hair over a year, an it was funny to watch the bulls come in an how many had bad feet of legs, an i understand the tatto system of letter to what year, so i can figure out if there freeze branded how old, an 1 operation in real close to had 85% of the cull bulls, an the oldest i ever seen was 5 most feet were junk at 3. An i know they 1 keep absolutely everything with nuts, an 2 they push them bulls so hard they ruin them. But the problem is there'd numberd really good look really nice when guys buy them. But i cant for the life of me figure out why they keep going back.

My oldest heard bull come out of a place of people call show cattlw people in Oklahoma, hes 7 this year weights 2200lbs an is athletic as a cat! Rest of my bulls are younger due to change in operation so I have a 2, 3 yr olds a 2 ye old an 1 yearling.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)