AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Teejet section valves manual control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/19/2020 06:59 (#8323218 - in reply to #8322862)
Subject: RE: Teejet section valves manual control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Electric ball valves typically use 3 wires.

There are two general styles. 1) the non-polarity reversing type and 2) the polarity reversing type.

The non-polarity reversing type have one wire (red) that is constant 12V, one wire (black) that is constant ground. These two wires provide the constant power and ground which is always available to turn the motor to open or close the ball. The third wire (white) is the trigger wire. When it is 12V, it activates an internal relay inside the motor housing to run the motor in the direction to turn the ball one-quarter turn open. When it is NOT 12V, the relay relaxes and runs the motor in the opposite direction to turn the ball one quarter turn to close the valve. This is the style typically used with most controllers.

The polarity reversing type use 3 wires also. They do not have an internal relay like the other type does. Putting +12V on one wire and ground on another causes the motor to turn the ball. Reversing the polarity causes the motor to run in the opposite direction. The third wire is a constant ground to allow the circuit to be complete to start the reverse direction. This type would require an external switch box to work with Field IQ.

I believe yours are the first type. You could make a substitute wiring harness that plugs in at the hitch. If would need to provide 12V and ground for all 3 valves and a way to signal the sections to open each valve. You could alternatively secure a plug that plugs into each valve separately.

This may not be necessary. You might consider unplugging the wiring connector at the hitch while the valves are OPEN. Then when you unhook the sprayer and park it, the balls will be open but won't spray without the pump running. You could then flush the sprayer without needing Field IQ. The valves should be left in the OPEN or ON position during the off season to prevent damage to the balls due to freezing. With the balls open, any expanding liquid due to freezing has a place to go. The disadvantage is that you would not be able to flush each boom section at a time since they would all be ON.

This is the procedure I use with my spray system on my planter. I made an adapter that allows me to use a garden hose connector in place of the pump. The garden hose delivers enough volume to flush the system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)