AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mueller Tank washer acid jar leak?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

kipps
Posted 6/18/2020 18:19 (#8322404 - in reply to #8321965)
Subject: RE: Mueller Tank washer acid jar leak?

Madison Co. Virginia
Back when I still used the Mueller washer, I had similar problems. I recall the acid and detergent jars being switched, just trying to get something to fit tighter. It seemed like the threads weren't cast uniformly, and they wouldn't mate perfectly. It was just luck of the draw, if you got a male and female piece that actually fit tightly together.

I like Jay's suggestion above. Just swap it with something cheap and ready-made, like that filter housing.

Personally, I'm just scrubbing the tank by hand. Dawn dish-soap will clean it better than any of the CIP pipeline detergents do. I've tried both side-by-side.

After I climb out of the tank, I rinse it with acid, drain it, then rinse with clorox water. Both rinses are using the original Mueller probe-style pump. I blocked the water inlet, and shoved some shims in the outlet valve to lock it closed, so the pump just functions as a pump. I dump 20 gallons of rinse water into the tank, plug in the pump, and after three minutes, unplug the pump, and pull it out of the tank.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)