AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John burns cholesterol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/16/2020 03:24 (#8317748 - in reply to #8317713)
Subject: RE: John burns cholesterol

Pittsburg, Kansas

I watched that the other night. It is a brand new presentation. Nearly all the "Low Carb Down Under" stuff is worth watching. Not saying it is all 100% correct, but worth considering the content.

Really hard for me to take as a soybean, corn and wheat producer. But ignoring reality is not a good plan. More and more evidence points to things we have been told are "healthy" are not really healthy at all.

Since we changed our diet we fix a lot more meals at home than we used to. Since we have become a little more affluent over the years we have, like many people, enjoyed eating out a lot more (up to the last 15 months or so). Since we have cut the seed oils completely out of our household we get zero when we eat at home (wife cooks from scratch so we almost never buy boxed or processed foods that would have it in it). More times than not when we eat out now my wife gets a touch of diarrhea. She has narrowed it down (in her mind at least) to the oils the restaurants use to cook the food.

Some of these things that do not bother us when we are young sneak up on us after many years of use. It appears leaky gut is a big contributor to many modern diseases, the gut allowing bad actors to enter our bloodstream. Now that we have stopped the abuse of the gut, when a little comes back in via our diet (eating out), the body revolts.

Been on the road for 3 days and ate out a couple times (she cooked in the motel using the instant pot most of the time). She could tell it when we ate out.

John

Edited by John Burns 6/16/2020 03:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)