AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John burns cholesterol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

puff33m
Posted 6/15/2020 15:01 (#8316798)
Subject: John burns cholesterol

N FLA
John. My wife is in a funk, wants to talk about our family eating choices when I get home. She has been borderline high cholesterol for several years. She is pretty fit, mid 40s, runs half marathons, walks, does Pilates frequently. Dr. visit today wants to put her on statins immediately.

I'm trying to eat low carb, but I must be doing something wrong because it hasn't worked. Worked well 20 years ago. But I feel good and will just keep on keeping on. Even if I don't lose weight, I believe I'm better off without bread, rice, potato's, chips, etc so I'll just stick with it and be 40+ pounds overweight. I just seem to be at an equilibrium, in the absence of those foods.

Anyway, I know what she will say tonight, no red meat in the house, etc etc. And that's fine. But she is very close minded about cholesterol and the doctors advice. Meaning the doctor is right and it's foolish of me to suggest her cholesterol test might not be the best measure of her health.

So my question. I'm smart enough to know I will only get one shot and it's going to end negatively anyway. But what is your one best video concerning cholesterol and diet? This won't end well, and I won't be eating red meat at home. But I'd still like to be prepared.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)