AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Criteria for SF2 Fallback with John Deere RTK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Lil' Hoss
Posted 6/17/2020 19:05 (#8320729 - in reply to #8316377)
Subject: RE: Criteria for SF2 Fallback with John Deere RTK

NESD
This is what I give to my RTK customers so they understand how SF2 Fallback Works and what will keep it from working.

SF2 FALLBACK

For SF2 Fallback to work it must be connected to a RTK signal for approximately 45 minutes before SF2 Fallback will become ready, to check this go to the StarFire Receiver icon on the Main Menu, Diagnostics Tab (Button I) Readings Tab, drop the menu down and select SF2 Fallback , it will say either SF2 Fallback Not Ready or SF2 Fallback Ready, If it says it is Ready then SF2 Fallback will work and the clock will start at 14 days. If it Says SF2 Fallback Not Ready then more time is needed on the RTK Signal .

What happens that it goes to WAAS is that the receiver has lost RTK and gone to RTK-X and then to SF2Fallback, then it receives a RTK signal briefly such as cresting a hill where it can get signal, at that point it looses the RTK-X and SF2 Fallback and the ability to get back to SF2 Fallback, when this happens the only alternative is to shut RTK off and go to SF1 or go to an area that a strong RTK signal can be received and stay there until SF2 is ready .

When leaving an area of RTK coverage and going into an area of intermittent or no RTK signal check the above to verify that SF2 Fallback is ready, (Do not change to a
RTK base ID that may give an intermittent signal as this may prevent SF2 Fallback from working) at that time change the Network ID to an ID that does not exist in our network such as 4025, the system will then look for this RTK base and when it is not found it will go into RTK-X for approx 15 minutes before going into SF2 Fallback, at this time there will be 14 days of SF2 Fallback, when this expires it will be necessary to connect to a RTK signal again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)