AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meat prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Donkey13
Posted 6/16/2020 23:05 (#8319502 - in reply to #8317724)
Subject: RE: Meat prices

ND
Just thinking out loud here but dirt farmers should contact their local cattle guy and buy their beef from them. We are seeing lots more up here in ND. I grain farm less than 800 acres but run 160 cow/calf with my 70 year old dad. We don’t buy any burger just a few seasoned steaks from the local butcher. I work full time and Personally don’t want to finish cattle. But hire him to process. Usually kill an open 3-4 year old cow in December or Jan. Plus sell a few That I never treated with antibiotics to some retired cattlemen. I also buy some corn and or screenings and other grain products from locals. Look for an ethanol blend at all times at the pump. Seen guys above talk about buying burger. Just plain nasty and we can’t eat that store bought stuff. So just asking some guys to reach out to their neighbors and buy some good beef. Make sure you tell them u want a younger fleshier animal and not one of them 10 year olds though. Butcher will know the going price. Once again just thinking out loud and wondering if we can help each other out?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)