AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Odd way of doing things... not wrong just odd!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

garvo
Posted 6/18/2020 13:04 (#8322046 - in reply to #8311270)
Subject: RE: Odd way of doing things... not wrong just odd!

western iowa,by Denison
My cousin takes naps-says sometimes he so tired he takes another nap after the first nap-
Back in the old days the horse's were brought home at noon and watered and rested from morning work-so most farmers had a habbit to take a longer noon hour from harrowing, disking or plowing with the horses-lot of large farms a section would have the main farm in the center with 4 diagonal roads leading to the farm yard-so the horse's didn't have to travel as far-Back when my Dad was alive in the 70's and 80's we did so much physical labor there were days I didn't think I would make it physically to noon-Mom had table set at 12-if you came in at 12.10 you did not eat-a power nap and out the door at 12.55

Chores before 7am-breakfast 7am,lunch at 9.30-9.45,dinner at 12-1 lunch at 3.30 and supper at 6 sharp-if working late you got anther lunch at 9.30pm-lunch was usually kool-aid and cookies on am-afternoon lunch was water, or cool aid and a piece of cake or bars
.Breakfast-pancakes-or crepes and bacon-or scrambled eggs and brains-sometimes sunny side up eggs-toast and always orange juice-French toast
dinner was potato's, green beans, and roast-or pork roast-and homemade pie-
supper was a sandwich of ham salad, egg salad-or blt sandwich--sometimes hamburgers
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)