AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

compass interface to implement switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/6/2020 07:18 (#8300783 - in reply to #8300239)
Subject: RE: compass interface to implement switch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree that it should be simple but that is not the case at least with the Ag Leader CAN displays that I have owned and worked on. With the older PF3000, there were two pins in the 25 pin connector that could be used for that purpose., When I worked as a Tech we made a harness that had a branch for that exact purpose.

When the Insight (first CAN based Ag Leader display) came out, we and our customers were disappointed that a module was needed to do this which was fairly simple with the previous models. I could certainly be wrong but I'm rather certain that you need the module. Check the attached display comparison chart. The chart shows that the Application Rate Module can be used for coverage mapping with a Compass. It doesn't actually say it cannot be done another way but I believe that is the situation.

If you look under Application Rate Module support you will notice an "X" under Compass for Implement switch support. A call to Ag Leader might confirm my suspicions.

I'm guessing they will recommend moving from the Compass to one of their higher end displays that can handle steering and their module that can control the bed and spinner. This could give automatic rate control, swath control, a Coverage and a Rate map. The coverage and rate maps would start/stop automatically.

Edited by tedbear 6/6/2020 08:57

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Display Comparison.pdf (81KB - 47 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)