AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere round baler net wrap advice (given this time!)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 6/3/2020 12:18 (#8295755)
Subject: John Deere round baler net wrap advice (given this time!)

Southeast Colorado
I'm just offering this up in case anyone else has had the trouble. You'd think after 50k bales and 4 netwrap balers (567-569) I'd have the hang of this..........but sometimes I need a reminder.

If you've ever had trouble with the net snagging or wrapping up on various rollers and causing grief with tearing it off part of your bales..............remember to concentrate on setting the rack correctly on the back bottom side of the baler. If the gap where the net initially feeds onto the belts is just a little too wide it stands a chance of bunching up just a little before it begins feeding. Then the waded up leading edge will sometimes find itself wrapping around one of the various belt rollers. You may get along fairly good with the problem but then when conditions are right (or just wrong) it will become very annoying. Cutting the net off the rollers is not a fun job. And the more you have on there the more it will tend to snag another.

With the nearly complete lack of humidity I've been kind of fighting this thing just a little (4 bales in 200) while baling up triticale. So yesterday, after stopping, I just started checking things over. One side of that rack had about 3/4" gap and the other side was up about where it should be (slight gap to lightly touching the belts). I had to kind of tweak the leaf spring that holds the rack up to get it to adjust both sides where I like it. If you make the rack press up against the belts it will needlessly rub holes in the rack and then you'll snag the net there badly. (I did that on my first net wrap baler years ago). Then you'll have to either replace the rack (expensive) or meticulously weld the holes closed and smooth off.

Anyway...........I just climbed off the baler this morning after wrapping 100 more bales without a problem............Yay! Love it when a plan comes together!

I hope this bit of advice comes in handy for anyone that has experienced this problem. Any other comments or tips from other baling folks is certainly welcome.

Edited by tmrand 6/3/2020 12:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)