AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn chemical question late season
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bustedknuckles52
Posted 6/3/2020 07:15 (#8295350)
Subject: Corn chemical question late season

NE Ohio
Finally done planting corn, finished up last night before todays rain. I was planting a Roundup ready variety and I ran short with about 1.5 acres left. My Uncle finished planting corn a couple days ago and he had 1 bag of corn leftover, so I grabbed it and finished up. It turns out that his corn was not Roundup Ready.

This field belongs to a High school kid i do a crop share with. It gets him some ag experience and a makes him some money. Its the back end of his parents property that was tall weeds for 10 years until 3 years ago when he first started doing this. Last year it was not planted because it was too wet and they let it grow up. He brush hogged it this spring. I sprayed 1qt roundup/ acre a little over a week ago and then came back 1 day before planting and applied 2.25 qt Parallel plus, 1 pt atrazine, and 6 oz of callisto. I figured i would have to do another roundup post pass because of all the weed pressure, but now there is not roundup ready corn in that field.

What are my options for later in the season? there is lots of grass, some clover and a mixed bag of broad leafs. you can see where the roundup is working, but im not betting on a complete kill. Hoping the preplant spray gets a good kill.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)