AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Blue powder like residue on corn....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

born_in_ad1
Posted 6/3/2020 15:39 (#8295981 - in reply to #8295825)
Subject: RE: Blue powder like residue on corn....

ESW ND
If it's anything like our open pollinated corn and peas I tried intentionally seeding in the row.....the peas died out. Dad also "finished" the corn round through the peas that were up about 6", the corn eventually took it over. Peas were about 18" and the corn about 4' tall. The peas were green, but literally disappeared. I have no clue. Oats in the corn row will set the corn way back. This is all coming from our area that includes a lack of rain. Maybe yours can compete with the extra moisture. My initial thought was to have them growing together and to be able to chop both for silage. Beans don't compete with oats like I thought either. Peas and beans planted same field same time same planter in the oats that was planted a few days prior. Beans got about 9"-15 and the peas were well close to 3'. It went for hay anyways. Cows didn't get excited like I thought they would over the beans. Was the first beans ever planted here and probably last beans ever.

Blusteryknollfarm - 6/3/2020 13:05

johnny skeptical - 6/3/2020 07:39

Paul, I know you’re reading this, you up for another “ram” buying trip?  Should go see what goofy’s got going on now......

That ram looks like I'm going to need a sheep shears. Not totally sure I want another hair ram from there. Gotta figure out a way to get some cultivator parts from MN sometime though.

I had an oops (I mean learning experience) last week. Do you think my corn will enjoy the company of cowpeas, buckwheat, and 4010 peas in row?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)