AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'd hate to own commercial office space now
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/3/2020 09:00 (#8295528 - in reply to #8295498)
Subject: RE: I'd hate to own commercial office space now

southern MN
Pretty good ideas there.

I don’t think the interaction between employees is nearly the same tho. But perhaps in a job that you can work from home, you don’t really need the interaction.

My wife can’t work from home, it’s specialized computer and software and actually physically moving stuff.

Since the virus they are only working 1/3 the time, more or less one person maybe 2 per dept.

It has been very difficult to coordinate any changes or updates or get equipment worked on, since only 1 person is in the dept each week, there is no continuity of what happened, what needs to happen, Can’t describe to the techs coming in what needs to be fixed, etc.

The break room has been sectioned off to distancing, and a lot of workers don’t feel like sharing the microwave handles and so forth anyhow, so most are just staying in their empty cubical now. So there is not much communication at all between workers. As one dept feeds another, there is a very big loss of what the heck is going on, what happened, you changed what, and so forth.

I think that employee interaction is a bigger deal, and one the companies will need to get a handle on, even in the jobs that we pretty much isolated desk jobs to start with.

A few people are good worker bee isolationists. But most people are more herd mentality, and want to feel part of a group doing something good together. I think that will be a challenge for companies that contract out to home workers.

How does insurance work? If a business tool is stolen or lost in a fire, does homeowners, a rider policy, or the company policy cover it? Internet costs, who bears that? A lot of stuff probably all ready built into the system, but I don’t know how that works....

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)