AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weird occurrences
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jbatmick
Posted 6/2/2020 17:02 (#8294534 - in reply to #8294244)
Subject: RE: Weird occurrences

Hastings, Florida

Some years ago, around New Years ( hunting season here ) I was pulling an empty 45 foot dry van trailer with my 1984 conventional F/Liner..had a 48 " sleeper on it. On a 4 lane, had just left the house ( going to load ) , I heard a strange " plink ' sound. Sounded like a Coke can fell out of the sleeper cubby-hole. Did not think a thing about it.
Next morning, I un-loaded in Atlanta, and as I closed the trailer door,noticed a tiny ray of sunlight shining through  a small hole in the nose of the trailer. Did not put 2 and 2 together. 
Next day, back home in the Bikini state, I saw a friend of mine who was a deputy and we stopped along the road to chat. Standing by the fuel tanks, he commented " WHO YOU MAKE MAD ? ", and pointed to a bullet hole in the back of the cab. THEN it all came together, the noise of the bullet, the hole in the front of the trailer,found a small hole in trailer rear door and now the hole in the back of the cab. We climbed up in my sleeper, and found a slug im-bedded in a piece of chrome on the front side of the sleeper, directly behind my head. WOW ! Dug it out of the aluminum trim piece.
We lined up the holes in the trailer and the sleeper, and matched pretty close. Appeared larger than a .22

I did not remember cutting anybody off that day., had no enemies, so we decided I must have passed a hunter along the road that day, and he took a shot at the rear of the van trailer.

I was very lucky. 1/2 inch either way and I would have been shot in the back of my head. That piece of trim saved my life.

Edited by Jbatmick 6/2/2020 20:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)