AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader GPS 1500 vs 6000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

FamousLee
Posted 6/2/2020 07:03 (#8293863)
Subject: Ag Leader GPS 1500 vs 6000

Ossian, IN
I pieced together a pair of used Ag Leader auto steer systems this year and was fairly satisfied with it. Both are a Versa display, GPS 1500, and Ontrac2+. Both are running just on WAAS. One was on the planter and one on the cultivator. Prior to this, had only had an EZ Guide 500 & EZ Steer in the tillage tractor, so this was must improvement.

I know that WAAS isn't the most accurate, but seemed like the cultivator was a lot better than the planter was doing. It seemed like I did a lot of nudging while planting to keep it straight, which was still better than me trying to steer it manually. I know that the 1500 is an older receiver. I can't recall where I'd heard it, but someone had a customer one time that thought the 1500 was doing good until they upgraded to the GPS 6000 and couldn't believe the difference.

With that being said, I'd like to switch the planter over to a 6000 receiver and curious what all would be necessary to do so. Is it simply just a receiver swap, or is it a different serial cable between the 1500 and 6000?

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)