AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on double tap power issue on AL Incommand 1200
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 6/1/2020 17:40 (#8293096)
Subject: update on double tap power issue on AL Incommand 1200

East Central, Nebraska
so a week or two ago in another post I mentioned having a problem with my incommand 1200 booting back up after I was certain I had shut it off. others had mentioned that I maybe double tapped the power button which was totally possible. today I went out to plant a production seed corn field which is by far my most stressful planting experience. I left my yard and the incommand would not power on. I completely freaked out and started scrambling to find a solution. I even went as far to split the display open to see if I could find something obvious with no suggestions from agleader on what do other than send it in. I happened to have another new one sitting on my bench, my plan was to open that one up and switch out the memory card and hopefully get me going. keep in mind here I had already been planting on this field and it would be a nightmare setting up a new display. I pulled the back cover off and looked around and saw nothing. I plugged back into the tractor one more time to see if it would work before I made some unfavorable changes in the displays. it then turned on when I directly pushed the dip switch.

point of the story is that it could be possible that there could be some fault in the rubber power button in the future or maybe it is just my display. I move mine around probably more than most people using this display would. Its in the combine, planter, sprayer and strip tiller. I use it for everything and turn it on and off most days and sometimes multiple times. keep in mind it appears it is nothing in the display hardware wise that is failing but it appears to be how the rubber button hits the dip switch on the board.

I don't know. I just wanted to post an fyi if anyone sees this problem in the future. I put it back together and it appears to be turning on and off properly.

edit; I circled the power dip switch in a red circle.

Edited by caseihfarmer 6/1/2020 17:43

(57ED501B-7A96-4334-B52B-F1A4BD93B0EA (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 57ED501B-7A96-4334-B52B-F1A4BD93B0EA (full).jpeg (186KB - 161 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)