AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to autosteer. More info, more confusion.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Herby
Posted 6/1/2020 21:04 (#8293404 - in reply to #8292267)
Subject: RE: New to autosteer. More info, more confusion.

Huron county Mi
chirpfarm - 6/1/2020 08:18
.Also, there's far more benefits to autosteer than the $$ ROI. You will be far less tired driving while being able to work later at night if need be and still stay productive and safe. I don't know that our autosteer has ever really paid for itself in our fairly rectangular fields, but the difference in operator fatigue is a huge intangible.

I like you farm just shy of 500 acres between dad and myself, and another 200 acres custom work. I have two systems on rtk one does all the planting the other does all the spraying. When the sprayer tractor isn’t spraying I move the screen over to my old Steiger And Do my tillage work. I have seen planting done on WAAS and I can get it closer by a marker then that.

Bean ground gets covered 4 times with sprayer.
Corn twice with sprayer
Beets get covered I don’t know how many times but i think I spray them somewhere between 9-10 times
Wheat gets covered by the sprayer 3-4 times.

It is really nice when you can pull in the field and hit the same spot time after time, not to mention you have time to keep a better eye on what’s going on behind you where it matters. Plugged nozzles, plugged fert opener, plugged row cleaner, etc....

Plus at the end of the day your back and neck won’t feel all twisted around. Huge plus for me
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)