AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to autosteer. More info, more confusion.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

co2shaun
Posted 5/31/2020 20:31 (#8291708 - in reply to #8291410)
Subject: RE: New to autosteer. More info, more confusion.

NW KS
justbad7 - 5/31/2020 17:06

First of all, you do not need RTK. We plant on 30" rows with our planter. As long as you are planting the same day, we are very happy with WAAS, the free service. Do not see any reason to purchase RTK. I can install autosteer in a tractor for 5k, the Trimble EZ steer system. For us, it worked great. Had to be semi-close to a the line to engage, but kept a straight line.
John Deere is the only one discontinuing their oldest receiver, ITC. No one that I know of has announced anything like that, yet. We have an old Outback S2 that I HATE, mainly because it has no screen and no memory on the thing really.
We have ran Trimble, a little Outback, and John Deere. The trimble was both EZ-steer and hydraulic autosteer. Outback is hydraulic and John Deere is ATU.

I have liked everything except the Outback, mainly because of the "monitor," which is lacking but old. I would not be afraid of any system, but for most people there isn't a huge reason for RTK that I seen.

You run row shutoffs right? What kind of results do you get with the row shutoffs? Do you have any problems with the shutoffs if you can't get done same day?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)