AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to autosteer. More info, more confusion.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 5/31/2020 19:43 (#8291648 - in reply to #8291294)
Subject: RE: New to autosteer. More info, more confusion.

East Central, Nebraska
first off, some one isn't explaining this to you correctly. the 'free signal' as you call it could be off 30 inches or it could be right on. nothing consistent about it. the 'free signal' (or waas) works okay in sprayers because the move across the ground so fast. it has little time to drift away. in a tractor pulling a smaller implement at 5 mph it is usually an issue to be close to where you want to be.

secondly, rtk is not the only game in town. there are satellite based options that will do a very good job for you. It all depends what your looking for and what your wanting to do with it.

thirdly, im guessing since your larry minn that maybe your in Minnesota. I am not familiar with outback dealers in Minnesota but I can assure you there are good ones around. and outback is not that bad of a product if your only wanting to steer with them. they actually use similar gps products as the other more familiar companies. if I was going to stay away from a brand it would be whatever agco is doing that day. they have so many different confusing options it will make your head spin. a new outback system is fairly less expensive than most and works well.

fourth, I am a pretty big advocate of digifarm. I like them because you can pick any autosteer brand you want and use their rtk with that equipment and it will cost you $900 per year for sub inch accuracy which beats the price of most satellite services.

fifth I would buy the tractor that you want, then buy the autosteer you want or a brand that will support you. you will be way further ahead that way. or just put it on a tractor you already like. there is nothing wrong with adding it to an older tractor. I helped a neighbor put an ezsteer on a 1086 international this spring. about anything can be done.

sixth. if you have any questions on particular precision equipment brands, ask away on here we will give you opinions and help you however we can. good luck.

Edited by caseihfarmer 5/31/2020 19:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)