AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bale wrapping question ( inline )
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

olivetroad
Posted 5/31/2020 17:41 (#8291461 - in reply to #8291049)
Subject: RE: Bale wrapping question ( inline )

Kingdom of Callaway - Fulton, Mo 65251
What brand/model is your wrapper?

Everyone I've ever used we loaded the last end cap bale by stabbing it in the side and loading from the side.

I bought several of those hand held shrink wrap rollers you use to put clear film onto palletized items. We took all-thread and lengthened them out so you can use the hay film rolls of wrap that are longer than the standard palletizing type. We save partial rolls of wrap and use that on the end caps to hold them in place better. Stand the bale on end, slide on the end cap from the top, and start walking in circles with the hand held roller, and wrap it like a individual bale. We just stab it and load it from the side, but you can in your case, stab it from the end and load it in the wrapper the normal way. Shut the wrapper off, and you can then cut a few short pieces of wrap off a roll and slide them under the wrap you just put on over the end cap on the end to cover the stab holes. That holds a lot better than tape. You can also kind of move the wrap over the end a bit so the holes in the cap are covered.

Sorry for the long explanation, I don't have any pictures to help describe!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)