AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speak now or forever hold your peace
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

roarintiger1
Posted 5/30/2020 13:50 (#8289433 - in reply to #8289357)
Subject: RE: Speak now or forever hold your peace

NW Ohio
w1891 - 5/30/2020 12:49

Can you explain how this cheap food policy works again? USDA supposedly artificially keeps the price low in corn and soybeans by continually issuing bogus reports. But in doing so they are also able to reverse the law of supply and demand-demand goes up as price goes down. If they are unable to do this, they then have themselves in a catch-22, demand much higher than they estimate and supply much lower.

Got the next step in this big charade they are perpetuating? Where are they getting all of this extra grain to keep it going. This would become cumulative so quickly that it would make your head spin. Guessing your thinking what 300 mb a year sound about right? So let’s see in a little over 3 years they are hiding a billion bushels of fake grain. Care to share how they cover this up.

Call me skeptical.

Ha.....ok skeptical,

They don't cover any of this up.........they just change the numbers in their next report. Like I said earlier, they are very good at their job. It's a moving target and they are always going to lean to the "having plenty" side. It's their predictions of massive acres and yields before the crops are even planted that the traders believe and trade that usually stops any rally that has started dead in it's tracks. But hey, it's good for the end users. Don't get me wrong, without the USDA, we as farmers, would have absolutely no voice in DC.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)