AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Salt and magnesium
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/27/2020 08:56 (#8282984)
Subject: Salt and magnesium

Pittsburg, Kansas

Interview of James DiNicolantonio, author of "The Salt Fix". We listened to his book on audiobooks last summer on vacation. If a Prime member you get two free audiobook credits a month. I highly recommend it. Turns out only a very small portion of the population (single digit percentage) are sensitive to salt levels concerning blood pressure. Yet it is that small subset of the population that dietary guidelines were set for salt intake. Most people do not need to fear salt and in fact it is more dangerous to the health to be too low in salt than too high (study showed no high level of salt that was tested had a higher all cause mortality than the group that was too low of intake). So a low salt diet may not be the most healthy thing for many people. Not medical advice. Do your own due dilligence.

Low salt levels can cause the body to actually become depleted in other minerals like magnesium. Magnesium is a major component of bones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPy4TArgRuY&t=957s

I know personally if I get a little hungry before the next meal, a little salt along with water will usually make the hunger go away.

More with researcher James DiNick

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)