AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPhone video to laptop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/25/2020 08:12 (#8278683 - in reply to #8277528)
Subject: RE: iPhone video to laptop

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I just did one as a test. It wasn't 6 1/2 minutes but it worked and the idea should be the same. Emailing it to yourself and some other other tricks should work fine also.

First I took a video with my iPhone 6. I plugged the iPhone into my Win 10 computer using the lightning to USB charging/data cable. I then fired up Explorer. When using Explorer the iPhone shows up as a storage device. From within Explorer, Double click on the iPhone name, You should then see Internal Storage, Double click on it, You should see a folder named DCIM. Double click on it. You should see 100Apple, Double click on it and you should see all the picture type files on the iPhone. The stills will be .jpg and the videos will be .mov file types.

These files can be viewed, copied, moved, deleted etc like an other file. I typically copy them to a folder on my hard drive for future reference. Usually I delete them from the iPhone. This is equivalent to using the phone itself to delete old pictures.

This is quite similar to what I do with my Drone pictures or videos. My Mavic Mini uses a mini SD card to store the pictures and videos. The pictures and videos are stored on the card as they are created. These can be transferred to the phones memory but I just remove the mini card after flight and insert it into a mini SD card reader on my Win 10 computer.

The USB drive shows in Explorer. A DCIM folder contains the still and video files. Double click on DCIM and the files should appear. Changing the view can be helpful to figure out what is what.

Again they can be viewed, copied, deleted as desired. I typically put them in a separate folder and delete them from the min SD card so that the card has full capacity for my next flight.

Edited by tedbear 5/26/2020 06:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)