AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stihl Kombi KM131R - Weed eater
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bmatteson
Posted 5/23/2020 17:18 (#8275670 - in reply to #8275490)
Subject: RE: Stihl Kombi KM131R - Weed eater

NEND

I’m on my second Kombi head. The first one still works, just bought the biggest engine they had four years ago. We use it a lot with the pruning saw attachment. Have the extension for it so we can reach pretty good. Although it’s a bit heavy to handle, it’s got a fair amount of reach with the extension. I find it very handy for cutting branches off of big limbs that have fallen, you can reach in without getting all scratched up. I have a power sythe for it. That works very good for larger diameter weeds that are too much for a weed eater. I have the weed eater attachment for it too. It’s fine, but I bought a weed eater that is an easy start one for a neighbor girl that used to mow for us, so we don’t use the weed eater too much now. The other attachment I have is a power rubber flapper sweeper. I bought that to sweep small stones out of the lawn, it’s kind of a beast to handle, but it works good. The one minor complaint I have about the Kombi system is it’s sometimes hard to get the drive cable on the attachment lined up with the socket that it goes into on the head shaft. If you think you would use more than one attachment, they are a good unit. If you just need a weed eater, I’d think about getting a Milwaukee or whatever brand cordless tool you have.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)