AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ready to tile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 5/23/2020 16:16 (#8275590 - in reply to #8275516)
Subject: RE: Ready to tile

WItitan2 - 5/23/2020 15:17

We're still going up here. Just got done laying out a job today. Lots of money in iron there. Making me feel bad, I have an 856 on the tile cart.................

LOL, I have a rusty Chevy Suburban on the tile cart. If it is real muddy, then I put a JD8640 on it. If it is too wet for that, I quit. It has been a great spring for tiling here. Still more work to do and the ground is fit to do it. Way different than last year. It has been muddy enough that we had to use 2 tractors on at least part of each of the tile job this spring, but we were able to get through them without too much trouble. I still try to push a hole in the floor holding the differential lock when I start to spin. I keep reminding myself that pushing harder will not keep me from getting stuck. On one of the worst runs my son was pulling me with the old 86 and he had to steer back and forth to get the extra traction. Once we got to the end of the successful run and unhooked he grinned and said, "that was satisfying." Last year was so wet we were often not successful when we tried that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)