AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom work question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 5/23/2020 12:50 (#8275327 - in reply to #8275208)
Subject: RE: Custom work question

North of London
Cleaned up the old bank barn in this yard about 5 years ago.
Had to apply for a burn permit and Fire department head came out and looked and approved of our plan.
Left a smaller barn so had to move burnables away from it to just off back corner of the big barn.
Filled out a form and had us call before we lit it so no false alarm calls but never said anything about any of the electrical wires or plastic in the building.

Supposed to get a permit to burn any garbage or brush etc.

Have a bonfire of my gathered brush every year and have never asked for a permit but it happens near the back of a farm over a hill so far no one has said anything but neighbours are used to that if they even see it.

Not working where that barn was, just grass parking so not sure how clean the ground would be for cropping but sites where barns were buried 30 years ago still turn up some rubble.

Actually have a site in one farm where a church used to stand a long time ago, maybe gone for over a hundred years and I still get stones there that show evidence of being part of the structure.
No dozers in those days so not sure what they did with the rest of it but they did not get to the bottom of the footings i guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)