AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

windows 10
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

MNfarmer85
Posted 5/29/2020 22:42 (#8288491 - in reply to #8275066)
Subject: RE: windows 10

South Central MN
Microsoft really could have kept the older windows look for 10 instead of making it look (and function) like a cell phone or tablet app, but no. I'm using 10 now but at least have it set up to be more like the regular older windows, think that was an option that came up while installing it. Some things that used to be a list before are now broken down differently, just takes some exploring to find it.

Would have loved to have stayed with 7 on this computer but I think the old hard drive started to fail and/or some shell windows file corrupted, was able to reinstall and salvage all the data but with not a lot of support options wasn't a whole lot I could do. Its a lot faster now, stuck a solid state drive in it. Boots up as fast as the days of Win 98 on a computer built for XP.

Windows 95/98 worked well back in the day, but did have limitations. XP was awesome, still probably a pile of computers running it. Win 7 was good too. Now 10 isn't the greatest, just very popular because it is the most recent and is run on a lot of things.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)