AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

got a new temporary knee with spacer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mnjoe
Posted 5/23/2020 10:07 (#8275058 - in reply to #8274456)
Subject: RE: got a new temporary knee with spacer

Springfield, MN
I still don't know how my July 2018 total knee replacement knee went to hell. Had ex-rays July 2019 it was looking good. Had my 6 month checkup for my health Dec. of 2019. Noticed fluid around kneecap..had ex-rays. It showed my knee was loose. Went to see a surgeon to check it out. Had blood work, fluid pulled from under kneecap and bone scan tests over 3 weeks. I was going to Florida with my step-daughters family to see my wife who hates MN winters. I was given oral antibiotic meds till I got back.. Then given a different drug. My only option was to remove replacement knee. Surgery was March 23rd (he had to fight to get it in Covid 19 was shutting elective surgeries. My wife could not go with me. She went back home. At 1st I was suppose to have 2 surgeries 2 days apart (antibiotic beads installed a first and removed later). 3 people worked on my removal of the infected part. Removed and cleaned it up. Installed antibiotic spacers and cement. I had an IV installed in my arm that day. I went home March 26th. 6 weeks of infusion every 8 hours. After that we had to blood work to check it out. We are still doing flushes on the IV every 12 hours. My replacement knee is going in June 1st. I'm getting tested for Covid 19 Wednesday must test negative and stay isolated till surgery. With the spacers that my surgeon used I can use a walker to get around IF only allow less than 50% weight on it. It only only can get better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)