AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How about a 10 lb steak ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 5/24/2020 14:08 (#8277311 - in reply to #8277072)
Subject: RE: Homer Alaska

I loved it too. I still have a scar on my index finger from one of those razor clams (and that was from 50 years ago). IMHO, there is nothing better than a filleted razor clam fried in hot butter just long enough to warm it up.

I was there when it was sort-of serious if you shot another person, but it was really serious if you shot a moose out of season.

And I remember the term "Spenard divorce" referred to a divorce usually done with a 12 ga.

I had an acquaintance who bought the Thunderbird Motel there - late 60s. Some stories were interesting. When she and her husband first bought it, she said that she was quite naive. They rented a room to a really big African American and a really flashy blond. About a couple of hours later as she was getting rooms ready to rent, they came out of their room, and she innocently asked - "was everything all right?" She said the man grinned ear to ear and replied - "Yeeeesss maaaaam!" I used to stay there whenever I came back into town - either from a crew or from the bush - as a room was $10/night.

Alaska was a unique place back before the pipeline.

PS - I enjoyed the pictures. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)