AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land rent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmertom311
Posted 5/22/2020 06:29 (#8272776 - in reply to #8272703)
Subject: RE: Land rent

Monticello ky
I’ve been a part of two farm sales where rent was involved.

First I rented a farm on handshake. The elderly owner decided to sell. Called and said my lease was now void I didn’t agree with that. I thought since I had it leased it should have been mine for the year. But. This was an elderly man selling his farm so he could go be with his granddaughter(Maybe great granddaughter) who was fighting cancer, so I just told him it was fine and moved on. Which it was.

Second was my neighbor he moved in here and bought a farm right in the middle of us. We were trying our best to buy him out. Went on a few years he was slowly quitting farming and expanding his backhoe business. I leased his farm to get him out of a debt he owed me for custom harvesting (he was struggling farming thus the expansion of the other business) then before I ever planted he up and sold us the farm. Dad was the one who did the dealing rent was never mentioned.

In the end I think both situations should have ended differently but there was not much I could or even wanted to do. We got the farm forever now( hopefully) what’s a years rent. If you want to make waves make em, personally I just prefer calm seas. Unless I really think the outcome is worth weathering the storm.

God Bless
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)