AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flimsy ethanol?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jtpfarm
Posted 5/21/2020 09:10 (#8271161 - in reply to #8271112)
Subject: RE: Flimsy ethanol?

mn
The IC engine offered MAJOR advantages over the horse. It could be shut off, it didn't need to be fed when not in use, it was a more comfortable vehicle, it went faster, the list goes on. All the EV does is offer a little less maintenance and increases refueling time.

ICE was adapted very quickly. Electric has been around for many decades. The environmentalists are pushing for electric EVERYTHING. Vehicles, heating, clothes dryers, ovens, and so on. I don't see where putting all our energy needs to one single source is a good idea. Electricity prices do nothing but rise. I DESPISE electric heat. Sure, it is efficient, but it is the most expensive and keeps getting more expensive. And I can't contract it in times of low demand.

As I said above, just think of the sheer amount you power needed to run one average size farm alone. We won't see ICE/ fossil fuels eliminated in our lifetime. Now think of a truck charging station that needs to provide enough power to charge 100 trucks with a 10 hour range.

I agree with excalibur above. We should be focusing on hybrid. Drivelines could be so simplified and more efficient. Which is likely part of the reason the manufacturers aren't implementing it.

Edited by jtpfarm 5/21/2020 09:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)