AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Versa no longer maps coverage after adding swath control, etc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/21/2020 07:05 (#8270806 - in reply to #8270502)
Subject: RE: Versa no longer maps coverage after adding swath control, etc

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
pfortfarm - 5/20/2020 22:32

Versa was working fine until added a clutch control, auxilary input module and unlocked autoswath. Intent was to get a Slectro row shutoffs going on cyclo planter. Had issues with those components so headed to field anyway without it. I cannot get it to map so it can then auto steer. It will not let me get into implement settings to shut off implement switch (which is not connected at this time). Do I need to jumper it? What else am I missing? Trying to get done before rain.

In order to get planting and not attempt section control at this time, you should create a new configuration that does not include any reference to using section control. This will be a bare bones PLANTING configuration. You could physically unplug the modules you planned on using but that is probably not necessary. Having modules attached that are not being used by a configuration is generally not a problem. The system will check to determine if the modules that a configuration requires are present but "extras" are ignored and just along for the ride. The implement switch is then not a consideration as this new configuration will not be looking for it anyway.

Your steering is really a separate issue and is related to the tractor. When a steering configuration is used, the coverage map starts/stop based on whether steering is engaged. With a Planting configuration the coverage and variety maps are not related to auto steer. Depending of the complexity of the Planting configuration these maps are based on an implement switch or just the screen icon. So you will not see the coverage map start/stop with auto steer when planting. You would not want it to.

So create a new planting configuration. Since the planting configuration could involve several ideas such as population monitoring, section control, hydraulic drive etc., several questions are asked allowing you to choose those options. Do not include any of these for this new stripped down configuration. The fact that modules might be connected or an implement switch do not matter. This new configuration will allow you to choose the variety. On screen coverage will be started/stopped by the onscreen icon. The fact that you are making a map is based on this and is not connected with auto steer.

Here is more information which may explain why your attempt at using the current configuration are not successful. I'm assuming that your current configuration makes reference to having and using a Clutch Control Module. If you choose this configuration, the system will check the CAN bus to determine if the proper modules are available.

One of the modules needed is the Auxiliary Input Module and its companion switch box. An alternative would be to use the SC 110 CAN smart switch box. This is equivalent and contains the Auxiliary Input Module circuitry and actual switches in a single enclosure. You need one or the other but not both. This is located in the tractor.

The other module is called the Clutch Control Module. This is commonly located on the planter itself but does not have to be. This module is a black box with various connectors. It has a CAN connector which provides communication with other modules and the display. It also has a large connector which connects to a harness which usually leads to the actual clutches. Another connector is a two pole Deutsch that is used for High Current Power and Ground. Yet another connector has an implement switch stub on it. This implement switch jumper is often connected to an actual implement switch but this depends on other factors.

If the system does not find the modules that it needs for the configuration chosen it will refuse to proceed. With a Clutch Control Module configuration, the system will perform a test initially to determine if the sections clutches specified in the configuration are present and in the proper locations. Again if this is not correct the system will not allow you to proceed.

If these requirements are found to be acceptable then the system will allow you to proceed. In your case, an implement switch or at at least a jumper is required for operation.

My guess is that the system is not allowing you to proceed likely because it is not finding the clutches properly with your attempt to use SlecTro.

This can work as I made an adapter box for this purpose many years ago from scratch. Later the Slectro folks came out with their own relay box. This is needed to work with the Slectro system but that is a project for another day.

Edited by tedbear 5/21/2020 07:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)