AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tooth issues, remove or spend a fortune.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

moon1234
Posted 7/13/2020 04:31 (#8370542 - in reply to #8265009)
Subject: RE: Tooth issues, remove or spend a fortune.

De Forest, WI

sj3788 - 5/18/2020 12:57 Have upper tooth, second from the back that has loss a small pc, it has been filled long ago and has a tiny crack running though it. Dentist whats to save it, crown or gold onlay. Will run about $1700 to do this. This is getting expensive. I'm 60 and have all other teeth in good to great shape. Several friends say just have it pulled and be done with it. Wife has had one missing for close to 40 years, she did have a bridge for about 25 years, but had trouble with that, so now nothing and she gets along fine. A friend has the same. Really like having all teeth for as long as possible, but 1700 is a lot for one tooth. So do get it fixed, leave it go until it starts to hurt, or what? Thanks.

I assume no dental insurance?  That can lower the rate right off the bat.  A gold crown or onlay will last the rest of your life if you don't get decay under it.  I always err on saving teeth if possible.  I have one full gold crown and two onlays.  All on molars.  They have held up great.  My full crown total, with high noble metal (Jensen JRVT-PF metal) was $1200 installed.  This was on tooth number 3. 

I once asked my first dentist what he would choose for a crown on a molar, I needed a partial at the time.  He opened his mouth and said "See this crown?  This was installed 42 years ago.  There is a reason it is called a Gold Standard." 

I use gold on my teeth wherever it will not make me look like a street hoodie trying to sell crack to a teenager. 

Everyone's financial situation is different.  I can currently afford it so I go for the best.  You have to EAT with your teeth.  I would rather have working teeth than most other things. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)