AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

covid 19 and the elephant in the room
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

jwal10
Posted 5/17/2020 18:08 (#8263338 - in reply to #8262800)
Subject: RE: covid 19 and the elephant in the room

We have been watching our diets more than usual. Trying hard to eat better. Easier right now because we only have the garden, what is here and fresh fish off the boats at the harbor brought by friends, so little temptation. Lots of zucchini, sprouts and greens.

We both have immunity problems. Wife has Fibro. I had polio at 7 and have had 3 polio relapses. Took the Hepatitis series 3 times, never took. I had shingles in early 40's and took the shot 2 times but all that did was give it to me again, twice, the last time was easier but I got meds right away. I had a bad case of chicken pox as a kid, too. Had chemical poisoning twice while farming, last time it killed off most of my white blood cells, the rest were small and very odd shapes.

I had bad shoulder pain a year ago Jan. Went to ER thinking it may have been heart. It was inflammation around shoulder joint and I was put on a more strict diet. Very modified Mediterranean. Lean grass fed or wild meats and fish, GMO free, organic, whole foods. Nothing processed, no wheat, cold pressed virgin olive oil and grass fed goats milk, cheese, cottage cheese and butter as I am dairy intolerant. Doc says I am healthy as a horse otherwise, no meds. I have a problem keeping weight on, 128 right now. Exercise is tough right now with my fused ankle, about all I can do is stretch, light weights and gardening, not going out to ride my bike. Haven't been off the property here at the beach cottage since March 15....James
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)