AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven Viper 4 and Fieldview drive issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

whitegt94
Posted 5/13/2020 17:29 (#8254024)
Subject: Raven Viper 4 and Fieldview drive issue

NW Iowa
We have a Rogator 900B with a Raven Viper 4 and ISO Product Controller II with a Hawkeye system on it. Have a CC1025k adapter harness from Ag Express to plug our Fieldview Drive in. Ran this system last year and had intermittent issue on the sprayer side where the pump would randomly kick out and/or have the engine drop to idle from high rpm. Dealer swapped out armrest from another used sprayer and seemed to cure the problem.

Fast forward this season, they put a brand new armrest in it, same problem coming back. Sprayed 600 acres with no issues but then gave trouble after. Checked cables, wiring, etc, had a tech out for a day and a half. Swapped out a marlin module. Re-pinned some harnesses. Thought we had it fixed, went to use it again and same problems. Switched armrests to the used one from previous year and everything works fine.

We tried the new armrest again and noticed when we would put the fieldview drive puck into the connector on the adapter, it would cause the issues to start again. We could see the lights blink on armrest console. So we assumed it was the drive puck. Borrowed a neighbors puck, same problem. Dealer thinks it is the adapter harness, climate thinks it’s on the sprayer side. I don’t know what to try next, if it is the adapter harness why would it work fine with the used armrest and not with the original one from the sprayer or the new one? We ran the sprayer with the adapter harness cabling in place but have the fieldview drive unplugged and have no issues that way.

We would like to use fieldview but the glitches associated with it are frustrating whether it’s a fieldview or sprayer electrical issue. My next step would be to order another adapter harness from agexpress. I called and they said all harnesses are tested before they are shipped and that shouldn’t be the problem. They also said it’d be climates deal to troubleshot the issues. Have both our dealer and climate working on this but thought I’d ask on here if anyone has had similar issues or any ideas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)