AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you get rid of the Hives?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

troyinky
Posted 3/26/2009 22:54 (#658098 - in reply to #658050)
Subject: Re: How do you get rid of the Hives?

Breckinridge Co. , Kentucky
Used to get hives occasionally and assumed it was from something that didn't sit well after eating. Benadryl was always used and they would go away in about half hour. Late last summer I started getting them frequently and then one day they didn't go away. Got home late one night and feet started itching like crazy so I took a Benadryl and went to bed. Got up next morning and feet were swollen and itching, took another Benadryl and no relief. Went to Accutecare and was given steroid shot and prescription for steroids ( 14 day prescription). By the next day still no relief and I had welps come up large, like down my side and side of my head. Got an appointment with Allergy doctor and did blood work for possible allergy's. To the point, ten days later I find out I am highly allergic to BEEF ( my food of choice)!! Here I was county cattlemens president and allergic to beef. I now have to carry an Epi pen, liquid Benadryl and pepcid ac with me everywhere I go. This started in Sept. and it has been a long hard road. Be careful with your hive experiences, the Benadryl can mask a bigger problem. I had the hive issues for 8 or 9 years prior to this, so it can be slow acting. Not to scare anyone but it sure has been a difficult problem to deal with.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)