AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bone on bone painful knees
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/12/2020 14:22 (#8251890 - in reply to #8251816)
Subject: what I eat

Pittsburg, Kansas
We normally do not eat till lunch. Not hungry till then.

Quite often I will have a couple tins of sardines along with a bag of pork rinds for lunch if the wife is not home. If she is home she might fix a hamburger steak with a couple boiled eggs or maybe an omlet with bacon and sausage patties.

Before supper while she is fixing it she usually brings me a big plate of appetizers. One or two kinds of lunch meat, maybe a boiled egg, some liverworst, ten or twelve green olives, a few radishes, a few cheese sticks. About half a small meal in appetizers.

Then a half hour or an hour later for supper it is probably about a pound or a little more of some meat. Beef or pork mostly but sometimes chicken. Ribs, steak, pork loin, hamburger steak, etc. Any kind of meat with the fat on. I usually eat all the fat unless it is just a terribly fatty cut. Maybe some saurkraut, a couple chaffles or keto muffins. Cottage chese sometimes. Hardly ever eat vegetables any more but if I do it will be something like brocolli or something green. Used to eat a lot of green veggies but kind of got away from them. Sometimes pork rinds if I am still hungry.

Finish it off with about a quarter pint of home made yogurt made out of heavy whipping cream. Topped with 10-12 blueberries, a few chopped nuts and some chopped or shaved 85% chocolate.

That will take me to lunch the next day with only coffee in the morning.

I eat a LOT. I just don't eat many carbs and almost zero sugar. Close to zero as I can get. The salami probably has most of what sugar I get in it. Hard to find cold cuts without added sugar.

To drink it is a lot of soda water flavored with a squirt of lemon or lime and sometimes some salt. If there is any left over coffee sometimes I dump it in with soda water and make iced coffee cola. It is pretty good.

It varies a lot though. We eat lots of eggs in various forms including boiled, omlets, fried, deviled, in with sardine or fish salad (think tuna salad).

Today the resturants opened up in Joplin, Mo and for the two of us we had a slab of ribs with 4 side orders of smoked polish sausage for lunch. We really like Big R's because they have sides suitable for both keto and carnivore. We felt like carnivore today so the only plant material we had was yellow mustard. Could not eat all the ribs though so that will be part of supper tonight. Yumm. They make the best ribs. Smoked with no sauce on them (they make a great sweet bar-b-q sauce but we do not eat it any more - use mustard instead). Meaty ones too.

One thing a person does not want to do if going keto is to try and limit calories. That is a good way to shoot yourself in the foot. The key is to eat to satiation but just choose the right foods that satiat and keep that satiation good for many hours. Meat protein and fat does the trick for me. I can eat all I want and have not gained weight. I bounce right around the 170 mark give or take about 3 pounds. Before starting keto I was at 270-275. The weight just melted off once I got off the sugar/carb train and the dredful and fattening insulin shots. If you want to get fat, just eat lots of carbs and take insulin. Or just get insulin resistant and hyperinsulnemia, that will do the trick too. But taking insulin shots will blow you up like a balloon. 25-30# weight gain average when a person goes on insulin shots. The doctor usually will not tell you that. That you find out on your own. I found out a lot of stuff about diabetes on my own that my doctor did not tell me. Like the fact that it is reversable (type II that is). By diet change.

John

Edited by John Burns 5/12/2020 14:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)